Visit the school
We recommend you arrange a visit so you can experience first hand what makes us such a special place. To book a tour, visit or taster session please complete the enquiry form in order for us to process your request accordingly (please note these are limited at the moment).
How to apply
The specific application procedures for our Pre Preparatory, Preparatory, Senior and Sixth Form are explained below.
Pre Prep (ages 3-7)
Applications for September entry into Nursery and Reception should be completed in the Autumn Term of the preceding academic year. Should you be moving into the area or changing schools, we can accommodate mid-year and mid-term starters where there are places available. Please use the following application form and information to apply.
We have a child-friendly Informal Assessment procedure for pupils wanting to join the Pre Prep.
- We invite children to come into school for a morning to spend some time with their prospective classmates and to meet the teachers.
- The experience is planned to be a positive one; children join us from many different backgrounds and we are looking for potential.
- Your child's Assessment can take place at any point in the academic year as we approach the date of their enrolment.
- For entry into Nursery, Assessments should take place in the Spring Term preceding entry.
Preparatory (ages 7-11)
Applications for September entry Year 3 should be completed in the Autumn Term of the preceding academic year. Should you be moving into the area or changing schools, we can accommodate mid-year and mid-term starters where there are places available. Please use the following application form and information to apply.
We accept children who we feel have the potential to succeed and progress to our Senior School.
- We invite children to come into school for a morning to sit the assessment and to spend the afternoon with their prospective classmates and to meet the teachers.
- Entry will be by assessments in English, Maths and Reasoning.
- As well as sitting the Entrance Assessments, we will also contact your child's current school to request further information about their progress to date.
- For entry into the current academic year, once we have received your application form, your child will be invited for an Entrance Assessment and familiarisation afternoon.
- Parents are asked to complete the application form and return it by the application deadline of Friday 15 October 2021 (please note this is also the deadline for Bursary applications).
- Prospective pupils will be required to sit the Entrance Examination , to be held on Friday 22 October 2021, with papers in English, Mathematics and Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- Offers of places will be posted on Friday 3 December 2021. At the same time, parents will be notified of any financial awards through Bursary or Scholarship allocations.
- Parents are asked to return acceptance of the offer - or otherwise - by Monday 7 March 2022. A deposit of £300 should accompany the acceptance.
12+, 13+ and 14+ Entry
- Entry will be by exam, in English, Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning (for those applying to join Year 10, there will be an additional Science paper).
- Parents are asked to complete the application form and return it by the application deadline of Friday 15 October 2021.
- The Entrance Examination date will be confirmed by letter once and application has been received.
Sixth Form Entry
- Parents are asked to complete the application form and return it by the application deadline of Friday 28 January 2022.
- Applicants will be invited to visit the School, where they will be interviewed by the Head of Sixth Form and the Headmaster.
- Academic, Music and Sports Scholarships are all available
- After interview, and a satisfactory report from the applicant’s current school, offers will be made conditional upon gaining specified grades in the GCSEs. The minimum entry is normally five Grade 6 (or equivalent) passes. Offers will be made at the Headmaster’s discretion shortly after the interview date.
- A £300 deposit should accompany the letter of acceptance.
- Parents are asked to contact the School as soon as the GCSE results are known. In the event of unsatisfactory results and the subsequent withdrawal of a place by the School, the £300 deposit will be returned.